October 29, 2010

His Holiness prays for fire victims

28 October, 2010 - His Holiness the Je Khenpo offered karmi tongchoe (one thousand butter lamps) and special prayers for the deceased and victims of the Chamkhar town fire yesterday.
His Holiness is in Dagana, presiding over the first ever moenlam chhenmo (great prayers) in the dzongkhag.

The moenlam chhenmo, which began on October 24, will end with tangrak goenpoi tshokbum (feast offering to Mahakala) ceremony and a tshewang (blessing of long life) for the public on October 30.

Source: kuenselonline.com

1 comment:

Buddhism said...

This is very nice post and has inspired me reading it. Thank you so much for proving so clear and Understandable Information.

I am reading about Buddhism and writing myself as well. Please don't forget to read mine and correct my Mistakes if they are right or wrong and I would be very happy if you could show me my Mistakes in writing in Buddhism articles and essays for the purpose of merits that i am trying to achieve as Bodhisattva in this life or life after this. I want to be reborn in a Good world and be born as deity and finally Attain Nibbana.

http://mettanandabhikkhu.blogspot.com